Friday, April 26, 2013

Customs deputy DG II shot dead

Wife of the late Datuk Saharuddin Ibrahim, Datin Rahimah Ibrahim in tears receiving condolences from Cuepacs president, Datuk Omar Osman

Customs Department director-general Datuk Seri Khazali Ahmad expressed his shock and disbelief over the passing of his deputy, Datuk Saharuddin Ibrahim.

"I cannot believe this and I am in shock over what has happened," he said today. Khazali said the late Saharuddin was a very committed and dedicated man.

"This is a great loss to the department," he added. It was learnt that Saharuddin would be buried today at the Precinct 20 cemetery. The body was sent to Kuala Lumpur Hospital at approximately 11.25am from Putrajaya Hospital for a post mortem.

Continue Reading...

Saharuddin left his wife, Datin Rahimah Ibrahim and two children, a daughter and a son.

Cuepacs president Datuk Omar Osman said that it was a great loss to the customs department. "He was a dedicated civil servant and did his job very well. It is a shock to many of us especially in the civil sector," he said.

Omar said the late Saharuddin was a responsible and dedicated man and he hoped that the officers in the department would emulated his integrity at work.

Meanwhile, Zawiyah Ibrahim, a staff working under Saharuddin said he was a no nonsense and strict man.

"He had a big heart despite being strict at work and we would miss him a lot," she said when met at the hospital here today.

It was learnt that Saharuddin was on his way to work when a motorcycle pulled up to his car and the rider released three gunshots.

Saharuddin was pronounced dead at 9.20am at the Putrajaya Hospital.

Meanwhile Bernama reported that the Kuala Lumpur Crime Investigation Department head Datuk Ku Chin Wah said two men on a motorcycle fired three shots at a four-wheel-drive vehicle which Shaharuddin was travelling in at a traffic light junction when it was heading towards Lebuh Wawasan, from Lebuh Sentosa about 8.15am.

The shots hit Shaharuddin on the neck and above and he was then rushed to the Putrajaya Hospital by his driver, he told reporters when met at the scene.

Shaharuddin was believed to have been shot by an automatic pistol.

Ku said police would obtain footage of the closed-circuit television camera in the vicinity to assist in the investigation and also urged those with information on the incident to contact the nearest police station.

Shaharuddin's nephew, Roslan Ibrahim, 51, who was met while accompanying Shaharuddin's family members at the Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL), believed that there was a connection between Shaharuddin's murder and his job with the Customs.

Shaharuddin's body was sent to HKL for a post-mortem.

"We met often for a drink and the last time was last Sunday, but he never discussed his job or ever mentioned having received threats," he added.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Latest Malaysia News