Monday, June 25, 2012
The 49-year-old housewife who fell victim to a parcel bomb blast in Taman Angsana Sari has succumbed to her injuries at the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital here.
Tan Chin Fang (pic) who lost both hands and suffered severe abdominal injuries in the explosion, was rushed into surgery on Friday morning but died at 9.30am yesterday.
Her husband Ng Cheng Siang, 49, said his wife was unconscious after she was pushed into the operation room on Friday.
“When she was taken to hospital right after the blast, she complained of severe pain in the belly. When she was transferred to the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital, she was already very weak,” he said.
Recalling the incident, Ng said he was upstairs in their double-storey house when he heard an explosion at 8.20am.
When he rushed out, he saw his wife screaming in pain and his 11-year-old nephew, Chua Shang Hang, crying next to her.
Their 16-year-old daughter and 10-year-old son were at home during the incident.
They have two other daughters one aged 18, who was away at college, and a 17-year-old who was at a tuition class.
Ng, who has been living in Taman Angsana Sari for more than 10 years, said he received a call on Thursday night from a man who said that “something interesting” would be sent to his house.
He said early the next morning before his wife left for the market, he went out to check but did not find anything amiss.
“My wife had just returned from the market with her mother and our nephew when she noticed the parcel at the front gate.
“Once she picked it up, it exploded,” he said.
He said the boy, who stood a distance away from his wife, was hit by debris from the parcel bomb.
Ng, who owns a noodle factory at the Angsana Sari Light Industrial Area, said this was the second attempt made against him since he started running the noodle factory.
The first was in November last year when a man, believed to be a business rival, punched him.
He lodged a police report after the first incident.
“This time, I lost my wife. I pray that police will catch the culprit and bring him to justice,” he said.
Ng said his family was still in shock over the incident.
The cremation will be done on Wednesday.
Kedah CID chief Asst Comm Zakaria Ahmad said police were investigating the case under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.
He said a 32-year-old man who was arrested on Friday to facilitate investigations had been remanded for a week since yesterday.