Thursday, July 4, 2013
The Defence Ministry spent a whopping RM84.9 million in Ops Daulat to resolve the intrusion of Sulu terrorists in Lahad Datu earlier this year, Parliament heard today.
Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Tun Hussein also told MPs that 5,610 army personnel were involved in the Ops Daulat operation.
He said this while responding to Sabak Bernam MP Mohd Fasiah Mohd Fakeh, where the latter had asked what was being done to ensure the Lahad Datu incident does not happen again.
Ops Daulat, which was launched on March 5, eight policemen and two soldiers were killed while Malaysian security forces shot dead 68 armed intruders from the southern Philippines and arrested 173 people under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012. - July 4, 2013.