Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Cops get break in former banker's murder case

City Criminal Investigation Department chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah with a picture of the prime suspect linked to in the murder of Hussain Ahmad Najadi, who was shot dead outside a temple in Lorong Ceylon, Kuala Lumpur.

Arrests of 3 narrow down hunt for gunman

KUALA LUMPUR: POLICE have made a major breakthrough in the murder of Arab-Malaysian Banking Group's first managing director, Hussain Ahmad Najadi, following the arrest of three people.

Police believe that of the three suspects, one was with the killer when Hussain was gunned down.

City Criminal Investigation Department chief Datuk Ku Chin Wah said yesterday police had on Monday arrested a 42-year-old man and two women in separate locations in the city to assist in investigations.

"The male suspect surrendered himself at the Kuala Lumpur police contingent headquarters at 10pm yesterday after police failed to find the suspect in his house during a raid.

"He is believed to have been at the crime scene with the taxi driver and the shooter."

Continue Reading..

Ku said two trustees of the Kuan Yin Temple in Lorong Ceylon, both women aged 47 and 61, were also held for questioning to shed light on the motive for the killing.

"The two were picked up at the temple at 1.30pm the same day. They can assist us with the murder case. We are gathering information to solve the case."

Ku said the male suspect was believed to have been with the shooter while the two women were the shareholders of the Kuan Yin Temple.

"This man was with the shooter during the incident and he is also wanted for a cheating case."

With the arrest of the three yesterday, Ku said, four suspects had been detained by police so far in connection with the case.

On July 29, Hussain, 75, was shot dead while his wife, Chong Mei Kuen, 49, was injured when they were fired upon from close range by a gunman, believed to be a hired killer.

The couple were walking towards their car after discussing a property deal at a Chinese temple in Lorong Ceylon here when they were shot. Hussain was shot in the chest and ribs while Cheong was injured in the hand and thigh.

A hunt has been mounted for the suspected killer, Kong Swee Kwan, 44, or nicknamed Sei Ngan Chai.

"He has two criminal records for possession of stolen goods and extortion-related cases. We believe he is still at large in the city," Ku said.

Last week, police arrested a taxi driver, who is believed to have ferried the shooter, at a coffee shop in Sri Petaling.

Ku said the motive for the killing was believed to be linked to the buying and selling of property on a piece of land involving Hussain that had gone sour.

"We believe that Hussain was helping to protect the temple's interests in a land deal that was being negotiated."

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Latest Malaysia News