Sunday, December 18, 2011

Teen posts pix of friends on FB to earn money


A TEENAGER who posted pictures of her beautiful friends on Facebook has been “sweet talking” some 30 men into giving her thousands of ringgit, reported Metro Ahad.

The 17-year-old, who only wanted to be known as Liana, has been running the scam for three years, earning between two and three thousand ringgit a month.

“Initially, I put up sexy photos on my account to attract friends and admirers. Suddenly, I found myself with thousands of acquaintances.

“I then took photos of my attractive friends and put these on my Facebook account. I'm embarrassed to put up pictures of myself because I'm fat,” she said.

Liana would flirt with men who checked out her profile and asked them for money once they became interested in her.




“Once they have deposited the cash into my bank account, I would tell them that the money had not come through and they would transfer more,” said the girl, who lives with her mother in Kuala Lumpur after her parents' divorce.

Liana, who said she did not regret her actions, targets up-and-coming artistes, siblings of celebrities, engineers and corporate executives.

She said she spent the money on shopping, karaoke sessions and overseas trips.

> The tabloid also highlighted a couple who graduated together during a convocation ceremony in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.

Chee Choon Hui, 32, and his wife, Josee Chua Sew Pein, 31, are graduates of a Masters programme in engineering science management, a twinning course between the local university and the University of Warwick in Britain.

“Initially, I was hesitant about pursuing my studies because I was worried that I could not handle the workload.

“But after discussing with my husband, we decided to do it together,” said Chua.

Juggling between her duties as a wife, worker and student, Chua said it all boiled down to her willpower to succeed.

“Despite being around books 24 hours a day and sacrificing any semblance of a social life, I'm grateful that I did not have to delay my studies or repeat any exam,” said Chua, who won the Best Scholar award.



Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Latest Malaysia News