Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Teenager found dead in suitcase

A 15-year-old girl who was reported missing is believed to have been murdered, with the suspected killer in police custody.

The 23 year-old suspect, a male friend of the girl, led police to her body which was in a suitcase beside Jalan Kebun in Shah Alam.

Selangor deputy police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Abdul Rahim Jaafar said the suspect confessed to killing the girl in his house and was brought in to the Petaling Jaya police headquarters at 6.30pm.

“He led police to her body in a luggage bag at the side of the road near a kerb at about 8.30pm,” he told a press conference at the site.

Continue Reading..

According to sources, Ng Yuk Tim left her home at 11am on Monday and went to the man’s home in Kelana Jaya to work on cosplay costumes for an upcoming event.

The man initially claimed that he had dropped her off at the Kelana Jaya LRT station at about 3.30pm.

Under persistent questioning by a crime watcher, he confessed to murdering her.

He admitted that he tried to rape the girl before striking her with a dumbbell, killing her on the spot.

He was then handed over to the Petaling Jaya police.

Earlier, Yuk Tim’s 35-year-old mother, Sim Yee Ling, searched desperately for her and posted a plea on Facebook.

She spent the entire day showing her daughter’s photograph on her mobile phone, asking if anyone had seen her.

Her aunt, Sim Yee Lian, 31, said the girl had left home at about 11am on Monday to meet some friends for breakfast.

“After breakfast, she took the train to the Kelana Jaya LRT station to meet her friend to work on some cosplay costumes for an event,” she said.

(Cosplay, short for “costume play”, is a performance art where participants wear costumes and accessories of their favourite manga or anime characters.)

“He said he dropped my niece off at the same LRT staion at about 3.30pm and left.

“Nobody has seen or heard from her since,” said Sim, who was sobbing over the phone.

Yuk Tim’s parents are divorced and she had been living with her mother, younger sister, aunt and grandmother.

“We called up the telecommunication service provider and they traced her last SMS.

“She had sent a message to her friend, asking to meet up for tea that night,” Sim said.

At about 1.30am yesterday, her mother lodged a report at the Salak South police station.

“We went to all the nearby hospitals but there were no records of her name or of any unidentified person.

“She only had RM20 with her, given by her grandmother that morning. She had even forgotten to take her identity card with her,” said the aunt.

The girl’s mother said Yuk Tim was not captured on the CCTV footage at the LRT station between 2.30pm and 5pm on Monday.

Yuk Tim was the elder of two children, had short hair, was about 163cm in height and had a small mole on her chin.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Latest Malaysia News