Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Shahrizat hits back, dares Wan Azizah to resign



Instead of backing down from pressure by the Opposition to resign over the National Feedlot Corporation (NFC) controversy, Wanita Umno chief Datuk Seri Shahrizat Abdul Jalil is coming out with guns blazing.

Yesterday, she challenged PKR Wanita chief Zuraida Kamaruddin to urge her own president, Datuk Seri Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, to resign over scandals and controversies surrounding Wan Azizah's husband, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.

"I challenge the PKR Wanita chief, who wants me to resign, just because my husband is NFC's president. I don't have anything to do with it," Shahrizat said.

"I am carrying out my duties. My husband is carrying out his. Why am I the one who has to resign? How is it related?




"If that is the basis and principle that they go by, I urge the PKR Wanita chief to press for the resignation of the PKR president today itself because her husband, PKR's adviser, had been found guilty of a crime that I can't even say out aloud."

Shahrizat said this to some 950 Wanita Umno delegates, who cheered and shouted as a show of support at the Wanita Umno general assembly yesterday.

Calling Zuraida biadap (rude), the women, family and community development minister said the Opposition was hitting out at Umno as they were fearful of the party's strength.

"Do you think we are afraid of you? Who are you to ask me to resign? You are afraid of Wanita Umno because we are ahead of you. Look at yourself in the mirror first," she said.

"I have smiled on and on until I can't smile any longer. After this, it will be time to roll up the sleeves. This is only me rolling up my sleeves. I have yet to selak kain. I have yet to blow the semboyan," she said while rolling up her right sleeves.

Shahrizat said she believed God would be with her and as long as delegates gave her the mandate to lead, she would "slave" for them.

She also asked other party components not to take Wanita Umno for granted.

"I am a leader in time of crisis but that does not mean I am weak. When I got the mandate to lead Wanita Umno, I knew every step that I took would be tested.

"The political landscape have changed. I have been in Umno for 30 years but my enthusiasm is young."

In a show of support, Wanita delegates gave a standing ovation to Shahrizat and sang the patriotic number, Inilah Barisan Kita, as she ended her speech.


Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Latest Malaysia News