Monday, January 3, 2011

Khusrin: I have no political agenda

 Newly appointed Selangor state secretary Datuk Mohd Khusrin Munawi

Newly appointed Selangor state secretary Datuk Mohd Khusrin Munawi says he has no personal or political agenda and will carry out his duties as a civil servant.

Speaking at his office at the state secretariat building today, he denied that his appointment, which has been marred by controversy, was part of the Barisan Nasional’s agenda to topple the Pakatan Rakyat state government.

"As an SUK (state secretary) I don’t have much power. The power lies with (state) exco to implement policies.





"I just carry out the policies and decisions made by the exco. I am an ordinary civil servant so I have no power to influence any decision. I have no problem and I can do my job professionally," stressed Mohd Khusrin who reported for duty at 6.45am.

He said he will carry out his duties and will continue to serve until he receives instructions to the contrary from the Public Service Department (PSD). "As long as there is no instruction from PSD to transfer me to the federal government, I will be here. If I am instructed to leave today, I will leave."

He said he is willing to work with Mentri Besar Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim, exco members and heads of other departments.

On Abdul Khalid’s decision not to allow him to take the oath of secrecy in front of him, Mohd Khusrin said: "I have written a letter to the MB and have contacted his secretary (Mustapa Mohd Talib) to meet the MB and (to) take the oath but I have not received any indication."

The former Selangor Islamic Department (JAIS) director said that regardless of the circumstances, he will continue to carry out his duties.

"As long as I have not taken that secrecy oath, I know I cannot be in the exco meetings but I have no problems as I still can carry out my duties because it does not only involve me attending exco meetings," he said, adding he will attend the swearing-in ceremony in front of the sultan on Thursday.

Mohd Khusrin said he is aware of the many negative allegations made about him, with some even portraying him as a “problematic officer who does not comply with the state government’s instructions.”

"I have to stress that whatever I have done during my tenure as JAIS director and as secretary of the Selangor Islamic Religious Council (MAIS) was based on stipulated laws and regulations. I have not done anything out of my jurisdiction."

During his tenure as JAIS director and MAIS secretary, Mohd Khusrin was involved in several controversial decisions. These include:

* The arrest of former Perlis mufti Dr Mohd Asri Zainul Abidin by JAIS officials in November 2009 for conducting a religious class without proper authorisation;

*The revoking of PAS Shah Alam MP Khalid Samad’s permit to deliver sermons;

* The decision to not allow non-Muslims into the praying area of mosques and surau following Serdang MP Teo Nie Ching visit to and speech at a surau in her constituency.


Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Latest Malaysia News